Friday, January 14, 2011

Long bloggy absence

Goodness me does time fly when you're having fun!


Haven't I been a bit of a bum to not keep this blog updated though. My goal was to use this blog as an online journal to look back on in years to come and it so happens I have become apart of this great blogging community. It's for this reason that I have really missed hearing everyone's stories and being a part of this online group. 


This is just a short post to say hello and that I am still around and will be updating my blog in the next week or so with ALL of the fabulous things I have been up to so please keep an eye out for my posts shortly. 


Also, just so you know, my family and I have not been affected by these devastating floods in my home town. I am certainly affected by what is happening to my fellow Brisbanites but have no personal property damage. I feel so lucky to be spared this heartache. I have been awed at the velocity, destruction and loss of life of the 'inland tsunami' that hit Toowoomba and Grantham then to see the iconic Bremer and Brisbane River inundate so many houses in Ipswich and Brisbane. It's hard to believe this is all happening 15 minutes down the road, especially with the sun shining and the sound of lawn mowers in our suburb, just surreal! I went to school in Ipswich and my sister currently lives there - there were some very nervous text messaging between my sisters and I on the night the floods were peaking! But thankfully no damage or injuries, just a lot of disbelief and the occasional tears at the horrible stories that are coming out of the flood areas. I will be heading to Northey St City Farm tomorrow to help them with the clean up before this weekends organic markets that they are still putting on - troopers!


The Northey St City Farm chickens are high and dry thanks
to some ingenious volunteers (photo from Northey St
Facebook page)


























I will finish off this post with some sneak previews of what I have been up to in the past two month. I will post about these in detail shortly, stay tuned!


Campervan facelift and MUD....
































Tiny clothes for tiny bodies...


A handmade holiday...






























A tutorial...
































In the kitchen....
































A whole new world...
































AND.... most exciting of all.... A WHOLE NEW LIFE!


Stay tuned. I'm back


xx



5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the weird formatting with lots of spaces, I'm not sure how that happened?!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spaces just added to the drama, Kim. I was wondering what you were up to. Very cryptic! I have some ideas but I will wait for you to tell us what you have been up to. I am very glad to hear that you and yours are safe from the floods and looking forward to having you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that all is OK in your new home / garden and that the floods haven't impacted you directly.

    Intriguing - but I think I can guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Kim, I was wondering where you got to.

    I am really glad you have been spared from any devastation in the floods. It has been terrible watching this from home. A long way away and a feeling of helplessness.

    I cant wait to hear what you are up to.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got my fingers crossed that what I think has happened has happened :-) Sam xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...