Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ideas for this fabric


I have started my christmas crafting and dug this fabric out of my stash. I bought it at the BrisStyle Indie markets a while back and thought it would make a grab gift for my almost-1 year old nephew, I'm just not sure what I should do with it!

I don't really want to cut it up, I was thinking maybe a floor blanket with wadding but it's only about 1.5m x 70cm so pretty skinny for a mat for a littley that doesn't spend much tine sitting still anymore. 

Do any of you crafty and creative sewers have any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Cute fabric, perhaps you could try adding a couple of different size borders to make it into a larger mat/quilt. Or a smaller border and a hanging sleeve and make it into a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't want to cut it but I think it'd make an awesome busy book.

    Perhaps some fabric blocks..

    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cut the letters out and make a banner to hang in his room, or add fabric to make a bed sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering how you are going with your path to simple living and wondered why you just stopped posting as I found it interesting when young ones are trying to live simply I also live in Brisbane.
    Regards
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...