Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Using it all up: apples

I bought a whole bunch of organic, locally-grown apples at our Wednesday markets a few weeks back and the last few were still hanging around slightly mushy. 

I decided to make a German apple cake, which sounded delish, and was left with a whole pile of apple skins and cores. After a bit of Google browsing I decided to make my own apple cider vinegar using these easy instructions



The cake was delicious and moist with all those apples in there; the vinegar I won't know about for approximately 2 months.

There are so many uses for apple cider vinegar, it's a bit like bicarb for household uses.

I've just made up a batch of my own rosemary hair rinse, using Christine's easy directions here on her Slow Living Essential's blog (which is a great read btw!) and have the shiniest hair I have for a long time!

Other uses for apple cider vinegar include:

  • as a face toner
  • weight loss / detox
  • repelling fleas
  • relieving sunburn
  • removing stains from teeth
  • reducing body odour
  • treating age spots and acne
  • fighting allergies
  • reducing dandruff
  • plus heaps of uses for cooking

On a completely separate note, the Queen decided to visit little old Brisbane recently and I had a great view form my 33rd floor office


Pity my phone camera doesn't have such a great zoom.

Hope you're having a great week


Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...