Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A little unnecessary.....

Hello!

So sorry I feel like I have been gone for ages! I am super busy at the moment with work, I'll tell you about that in a second.

First though I want to show you some pictures.

I walk past this house that's being built on my morning walk to the train station, and I am constantly astonished by it.


















Its the house on the left. Look at the size of it! Seriously how unnecessary!
So I have a few reasons why I would never have a house built like this one

  1. Imagine how many resources are needed to build that huge new house! I think we should start looking at ways to reduce our impact on the earth not look for ways to exploit it even more.
  2. Look at how much space is between the house and the fence on the right, I hope they don't have kids - there's just no yard at all! I love my open spaces
  3. Just think how expensive it would be! I do not want to have to work in the workforce any longer than absolutely necessary and the mortgage for this would be huge!
  4. I'd get lost! It is that big that everyone in a large family could have their own bedroom AND living room! Now I don't see why it is necessary to have that much room. If you can't stand hanging out with your partner/family maybe turning off the TV and reconnecting with each other might help?
Wow aren't I on a rant today! I don't usually get so passionate about things, but that house just seems so unnecessary.

Let's look at it again



















Phew ok I've got that off my chest!

So, as I said, work is getting very busy at the moment, and I feel like I'm starting to abandon my blog which I do not like at all! So I am going to have to get a bit more organised and set some time aside each day to write my post and catch up on everyone else's (actually this last part is mainly why I run out of time to write my own posts!).

So my goal form now on for this blog is to post at least every second day! Let's see how that goes.

If you want to see where I work and why I'm so busy, check us out here!

x
Kim

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy hey, - My husband calls them MacMansions. Take a drive out to the suburbs,esp where there are new housing estates being built, its enough to make your eye twitch. Hate to coin Cat Stevens, but 'where will the children play'

    Good luck with the second day posting. I feel bad about how infrequently I post on my blog too, but I have to remind myself, I blog as a way to remember to savor moments and celebrate little victories, not to make it a chore. Go with the flow I say!

    xB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...