Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gardening...finally!

We moved into our new house a few weeks ago. I was so thrilled to move from our unit into a house with established garden beds. See one of my previous posts on my unit/balcony gardening here.

Over the past few weekends since moving in I have dabbled in gardening a little, but not as much as I would like, due mainly to unpacking (ewww), being sick and under the weather (also ewww) and then this weekend going camping (not ewww at all!). We went to Neurum Creek Bush Retreat, which was beautiful.














Although it did happen to be some doggie spectacular event going on and we were the only ones there without a pooch or taking part in any of the activities (it was totally fine by me to lay next to the creek and read rather than throw things in the water for my dog to jump in and get!). If you live within a few hours of Caboolture I suggest you go check this place out. Only thing though, don't expect many nicetties from the staff that check you in, I found them to be very rude and uninterested! If I worked in a beautiful location as they do I think I could probably pull out a smile!



















Anyway, I'm getting off track, I wanted to talk about gardening.

So I potted around a little bit these last few weekends and I wanted to show some pictures and also show what needs to be done!


Lemon tree with new buds


Plants still needing to be transferred into the garden
















Some garden beds still to be prepared
















One garden bed with Bush tomato in front, broccoli, carrots, potatos, and one transplanted tomato at the back



















Second prepared bed with lettuce and a flower mix to attract beneficial insects




















Spring has sprung! (on my lime tree)















Mulberries starting to form (IN MY BACKYARD!)















One of the beneficial weeds in the lawn (probably the only beneficial one!)















My seeds are actually sprouting! I must be doing something right















Luffa seedling - it's HUGE!



















Even my pumpkin seeds, that I saved myself, are sprouting. Good signs!
















Well that's the tour of my backyards so far. Hopefully I'll be able to bring you some more pictures soon.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Glad your mojo has sorted itself out :-)

    Congratulations on the garden work in such a short space of time - each step takes you closer to your goal.

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking great! I am sorry to hear you have been sick - sounds like you needed that break at the camp ground. It looks so exciting to have so much space now to grow things! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...