So I have enrolled in sewing school!
Sewing Intuition are located about a 10 minute drive from my house and have classes that a) really suit my (lack of) skill level, and b) are quite affordable (yep I'm always on the lookout for frugal options!).
The course goes for four weeks with one 2 hour lesson each week and focuses on:
- Threading the machine
- Fill and inserting the bobbin
- Select the correct needle size and type for your project
- Remove and insert the needle
- Select the correct thread tension for your project
- Select the correct stitch length for your project
- Use different machine stitches
- Sew a buttonhole
- Sew a zipper
- Take up a skirt hem, pant hem and jeans hem
I do already know how to do a few of these things but I think it would be really worthwhile to have someone show me the correct way in case I am doing those things I think I can do, incorrectly.
I'm very excited to head along to my first lesson next Monday. I will let you know how I go.