Thursday, November 11, 2010

Using up a glut of fruit and vegies

I have barely left the kitchen today!

We have ended up with a glut of carrots, potatoes, pumpkin, oranges and a range of other fruit and vegies that we need to use up VERY soon.
















So far I have made:

  • orange and lemon cordial (3 jars full) - I use my own recipe - juice your fruit, put in saucepan and add sugar to taste, warm until sugar has dissolved then bottle, easy peasy
  • pumpkin loaf
  • Lady Flo's pumpkin scones
  • another loaf of bread
  • roast pumpkin slices, for salads and sandwiches
  • carrot cake as a loaf
We have to many sweets in the house and I am (only just) sick of licking the bowl! hehe

We have also been cooking up soups and roast vegies to get through it all.

This is what happens when you go to the country and come aross a quaint little farm stall! Be warned! hehe

:)

Kim

4 comments:

  1. all those oranges, carrots and pumpkin.... is your skin starting to take on an orange hue?
    How good are pumpkin scones ;)

    xB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what simple living is all about Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I've been keeping an eye out for signs of our skin turning orange, not yet though luckily.

    I love having little homemade snacks in the house, especially for moments like these when I had to race off to a short term job and I needed something to grab on the way out the door. Especially when they are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like the idea of making your own cordial and will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...